On site Making Space has 7 individual studios for artist makers to rent to help them further their creative business.
The Making Space studios are available for long term or short term rentals. Please see read the different options below.
Our studios are approx. 16 sq mtrs with 24/7 access, parking, heat, light and water and internet/phone point. Prices range from £150 (2 sharing) to £200 a month plus metered bills. Each studio has a bespoke gate designed by renowned artist Jacqui Poncelet.
Long Term Leases
From 1 year+
The long term leases are for those who are ready to take their creative business to the next stage. The creative community here is very motivated and driven; producing high quality, original contemporary work. If you are interested in applying to have a studio at Making Space please read and download the following documents.
Short Term Leases
Rentals from 1 month – 11 months.
The short lease spaces are ideal for anyone who wants to take their work to the next step, or simply wishes to have a concentrated productive time out of a home studio environment. You might be working towards an exhibition or event and need a secure and safe space to produce work on a larger scale.
We understand that in the current climate, making a longer-term commitment to a studio doesn’t suit everyone and may not apply to all methods of design and craft.
You might just have graduated, be looking to expand your practice, or need a space to research and develop new work to drive your creative business forward.
Making Space can accommodate your needs. Please download the following information and forms -
Teaching and other activities
You don’t have to be based here to be part of our creative community. Making Space work with a pool of artist tutors to run our education and outreach programme. To find out more about this and accessing our networking & professional development activities, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or you can download and complete the following forms:
Our Latest Tweets
- Petition to stop the government reclassifying craft as non-creative - e-petitions http://t.co/Kgo8GNEm72
- It was our 6th Birthday yesterday! Why not celebrate with us & see how much has changed since 2007 by coming to our open studios- 18&19 May!
- We are also still taking bookings for two inspiring workshops taking place as part of our Open Studio weekend (18 & 19 May) Details online!!
- Don't forget Marcia Lanyon will be at Making Space nxt Thursday selling loads of beautiful stones and beads! Who's coming? #jewellery #craft
- New! Basic jewellery course starting here - 15th June. This is the starting place for using tools and handling materials for the first time.